Wednesday 16 May 2012

Final Days by Sarah Mulheron




The crossroads are approaching. They have been doing so regularly over the past few days now. Each way looks the same, not one enticing me to go any further.

            People whisper in my ear trying to lead me on. But as tempting as they sound I think I’ll stay here. It’s not hurting anyone if I take a little more time, allow things to grow and the paths to flourish.

            At times it feels like I’m being jolted away, as though a bolt of electricity has been pumped into me. In reality it’s someone else trying to make a choice for me.

            I don’t have the heart to tell them that I’m not ready yet. I just need a little more time, just a little more and then I’ll come back. But for now I like the peace of this place, it’s comforting.

            The kind of retreat that you could only ever find in a dream.


Prompt – Only Sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment