Friday 18 May 2012

'Homecoming' by Amelia Jindi

Ethan asked me to move in with him on more than one occasion.  

I always demur, insisting that I need my independence and that I want to keep my apartment.  I don't have any problems with spending some nights at his place but sometimes I just need to be in my own space among things that I've bought in an apartment that I've rented with the money I've worked hard to accumulate.  

He pretends to understand, but I know he's frustrated.  I reassure him by taking over one side of his wardrobe and filling it with some work clothes, my gym outfit, jeans, t-shirts and also by putting all my girly stuff in his bathroom.  That seems to placate him some.

After putting away the coffee and his drycleaning, I sit on the pristine white sofa and channel surf waiting for Ethan to come home.  He said no later than 7pm.  I look at the clock in the living room, it's 6.15 pm. I take my Kindle out to read.  Weariness overwhelm me.  Maybe I'll just rest my head a while. I lay my head back on the sofa, pulling the throw draped over the back of it onto me.

I wake up to kisses.

And Ethan's wonderful cologne that smells of fresh cut grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment